We are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual with a commitment to social justice, to lead a driven and dynamic team towards achieving My Vote Counts’ mission. You need to be a visionary compassionate leader. If you are looking for a job – move on. If you are looking for a leadership opportunity that could help make South African politics fairer and you want to help achieve that change – this opportunity is for you.
- Develop and implement MVC’s strategic vision and strategy in partnership with the MVC team;
- Lead and manage the implementation of MVC’s activities;
- Ensure accurate financial management of MVC’s financial resources (supported by an operations manager and accountants);
- Manage MVC’s donor relationships, including writing proposals and donor reporting;
- Present regular progress and updates to MVC’s Board, and organise quarterly Board meetings;
- Build and maintain MVC’s relationships with our stakeholders in all relevant sectors;
- Represent MVC in various fora, including engaging with parliament, political parties, government, civil society organisations, the media and our funding partners;
- Support and manage the MVC team within an organisational culture that is just, fair and considerate; and
- Responsible for managing the performance of a small team, including recruitment where needed.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, public policy, international relations or any other relevant social science qualification, with at least 5 years’ work experience – preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Prior management experience – leadership position in a non-profit organisation;
- Show demonstrable leadership ability and a commitment towards social justice;
- Experience in financial management and budgetary oversight of an organisation;
- Experience in leading inter-disciplinary programmes and human resource management;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Proven experience in donor/funder report writing skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills; and
- Historically disadvantaged applicants are encouraged to apply.
Email your full curriculum vitae, a motivation letter (note if you send us an application letter that fails to speak to the work of MVC, do not expect to be shortlisted), the names of three references and a sample of a recent written work to email@example.com. The is an open application process with a deadline for applications of 22 January 2021.
Please include “MVC Director Application” in the subject heading.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of the process.