Position: Director at MY VOTE COUNTS
An opportunity to join an exciting and innovative social justice organisation.
About My Vote Counts
My Vote Counts is a non-profit organisation that works towards improving transparency, accountability and inclusiveness in South Africa’s political and electoral systems. The organisation was formally registered with the CIPC as a non-profit company in 2014.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual with a commitment to social justice, to lead a driven and dynamic team towards achieving My Vote Counts’ (MVC) mission.
- Develop and implement MVC’s strategic vision and strategy in partnership with the MVC team;
- Lead and manage the implementation of MVC’s activities;
- Ensure accurate financial management of MVC’s financial resources;
- Manage MVC’s donor relationships, including writing proposals and donor reporting;
- Build and maintain MVC’s relationships with our stakeholders in all relevant sectors;
- Represent MVC in various fora, including engaging with parliament, political parties, government, civil society organisations, the media and our funding partners;
- Support and manage the MVC team within an organisational culture that is just, fair and considerate.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, public policy, international relations or any other relevant social science qualification, with at least 3 years work experience;
- Show demonstrable leadership ability and a commitment towards social justice;
- Experience in financial management and budgetary oversight of an organisation;
- Experience in leading inter-disciplinary programmes and human resource management;
- Excellent research and writing skills.
MVC is based in Observatory, Cape Town and the successful candidate will need to be based at the MVC office.
How to apply:
Email your full curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, 2 reference letters and a sample of written work to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 05 October 2018 at 16h00.
Please include “MVC Director Application” in the subject heading.
Please note that interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on 18 October 2018.
My Vote Counts NPC is a non-profit company founded to improve the accountability, transparency and inclusiveness of elections and politics in the Republic of South Africa. We work to ensure that the political and electoral systems are open, fair and accountable to the public and that they remain relevant in the changing South African socio-political context.