The Office of the Chief Justice has released the 26 shortlisted names for the three vacant commissioner posts at the IEC. Current Commissioner, Rev Bongani Finca is among the long list of candidates.
The following have been shortlisted for the three vacancies at the IEC:
1. Mr Griffin Alan Campbell
2. Ms Yasmin Tayob Carrim
3. Ambassador Moses Mabokela Chikane
4. Rev Bongani Blessing Finca
5. Prof Mzamo Alexander Gumbi
6. Adv Edward Nkangweleni Lambani
7. Ms Maletlatsa Monica Ledingwane
8. Mr Landiwe Jackie Mahlangu
9. Ms Nomonde Tantaswa Mapetla
10. Dr Nomsa Praisy Masuku
11. Mr Jabulani Christopher Mepha
12. Mr Mosotho Simon Moepya
13. Ms Lindiwe Faith Mokate
14. Ms Bernadette Muthien
15. Adv Lufuno Tokyo Nevondwe
16. Ms Nomfundo Ntloko-Gobodo
17. Mr Nkosikhulule Xhawulengweni Nyembezi
18. Mmatlou Hellen Phaleng-Podile
19. Ms Liepollo Lebohang Watseba Pheko
20. Judge Dhayanithie Pillay
21. Dr Mzukisi Qobo
22. Mr Dizline Mfanozelwe Shozi
23. Ms Matshidiso Daphney Tabane-Masutha
24. Ms Ilona Tip
25. Ms Nomalanga Violet Tyamzashe
26. Mr Gladwyn Martin White
MVC will be closely monitoring this process as part of our IEC Commissioner Campaign where we seek to inform the public about the importance of this appointment process.
For more in-depth information on this appointment process, you can view a policy brief here: http://www.myvotecounts.org.
We also put together an informative infographic on this process which you can access here: http://www.myvotecounts.org.
My Vote Counts NPC is a non-profit company founded to improve the accountability, transparency and inclusiveness of elections and politics in the Republic of South Africa. We work to ensure that the political and electoral systems are open, fair and accountable to the public and that they remain relevant in the changing South African socio-political context.