On 16 July 2014, MVC lodged an application at the Constitutional Court (the Court) for an order declaring that Parliament has failed to fulfil its constitutional obligation to enact national legislation to regulate private funding of political parties. This application is a key part of MVC’s campaign for greater transparency in politics in South Africa. Baleka Mbete, speaker of Parliament, responded with an answering affidavit on 9 October 2014. Following MVC’s provision of further argumentation to the Court, a hearing date has been set for 10 February 2015. MVC will continue posting updates in this regard; please contact us for further information.
MVC_SATweets by @MVC_SA
- HIRING: Admin and Finance Officer 11 Jun 2021
- Power struggle: The consequences of the ANC’s step-aside resolution 31 May 2021
- The Promotion of Access to Information Amendment Act is operational 18 May 2021
- Could South Africans be voting electronically in the future? 19 Apr 2021
- MVC is moving and we are selling some of our furniture! 14 Apr 2021