My Vote Counts seeks to appoint a dedicated and organised individual to be an assistant coordinator of the campaign, based in Cape Town.
The position is part time requiring minimum of 20 hours a week.
- Assisting coordinator with the running of the campaign
- Correspondence with campaign partners, members and donors
- Assist with presenting campaign at workshops and meetings
- Manage budgets
- Organize events and meetings
- Communicate with press when needed
- Manage My Vote Counts social media
- Meet with donors occasionally
- Assist in campaign strategy planning
- Keeping record of the activities of the campaign
- Registration of the organisation as an NPC
- Undergraduate degree in politics, public policy, law or a related field
- Competency in English speaking, writing and reading
- Knowledge of an African language other than Afrikaans is an advantage
- Experience working in a campaign/NGO
- Must have a good understanding of politics in South Africa
- Must be passionate about electoral reform and party funding regulation, or have a keen interest in learning about it.
Salary: R8 000 per month
This is a 6 month contract, renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
To apply, email a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 24th January 2014