On 16 July 2014, MVC lodged an application at the Constitutional Court (the Court) for an order declaring that Parliament has failed to fulfil its constitutional obligation to enact national legislation to regulate private funding of political parties. This application is a key part of MVC’s campaign for greater transparency in politics in South Africa. Baleka Mbete, speaker of Parliament, responded with an answering affidavit on 9 October 2014. Following MVC’s provision of further argumentation to the Court, a hearing date has been set for 10 February 2015. MVC will continue posting updates in this regard; please contact us for further information.
MVC_SATweets by @MVC_SA
- MVC is moving and we are selling some of our furniture! 14 Apr 2021
- PRESS RELEASE: PPFA Finally in Effect 1 Apr 2021
- Spotlight back on independent candidates 16 Mar 2021
- Should cryptocurrency be regulated as part of the upcoming Party Funding laws? 25 Feb 2021
- Young South Africans accessing information during the Covid-19 health emergency 24 Feb 2021