SUMMER INTERNSHIP: November 2014 – January 2015.
My Vote Counts seeks to appoint a dedicated and organised individual to assist the campaign this summer. The position is based in Cape Town.
The position is part time requiring a flexible 20 hours a week for 3 months.
- Assist coordinator with the running of the campaign
- Assist the coordinator with MVC’s litigation
- Correspond with campaign partners and members
- Plan events and meetings
- Communicate with press when needed
- Manage My Vote Counts social media (twitter and facebook)
- Update CPIC of the organisation as an NPC
- Provide research support
- Undergraduate degree in politics, public policy, law or a related field
- Competency in English speaking, writing and reading
- Knowledge of an African language other than Afrikaans is an advantage
- Must have a good understanding of politics in South Africa
- Must be passionate about electoral reform and party funding regulation, or have a keen interest in learning about it.
Stipend: R5 000 for the summer
This is a summer term internship – November 2014 – January 2015.
To apply, email a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12 September 2014